Re: photo printing

>This may not seem off topic but it does relate to books.  I am interested in
>printing black and white photos on a laser printer--to be used in connetion
>with making a book. But I am not happy with the quality--very gray. I know I
>could go to a more traditional way of printing the photos but I am really
>interested in this technology for this project. I need to educate myself
>about this type of printing. Can anyone recommend a book or a web site that
>may help me with this? Or tell me of your experience with photos printed on
>the laser printer?
>Patricia Grass

What dpi laser printer are you using?
1200 min. is necessary for images that approach photo quality.  Ink jets
are the best solution, or some of the photo copying technologies are
excellent and will print on a variety of fine papers.
there is a lot of information out on the quadtone systems for the inkjet
printers for true photo quality.
cheers,
Charlie

Charles D. Jones