Re: photo printing/Patricia

Patricia:

There are a couple of very good reference books that I have used in my
classes from time to time that you might want to find. Don't know if either
is still around or has been updated, but even if you find them used they are
quite useful for outlining the principles involved, which remain true, no
matter which version of the software you use. Knowing these principles (ie,
input/output resolutions, halftones, tonal corrections, etc.) will greatly
improve the images you create, no matter what software or hardware you have.
And, if you know your imaging software well enough, you can translate in
your mind to overcome references to commands that have changed in newer
versions.

1. "Photoshop in Black and White" gives high end techniques for getting the
best results when scanning and printing black and white photos. (Peachpit
press)

2. "Real World Scanning & Halftones" (also Peachpit, I think)

Good luck!

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588

Remember: Book arts will save the world!