Re: slide scanning & output

On a radically different note, I'd suggest sending them to the local
photo store and getting a pcd. In NYC I've found Showbran does a great
job, and I also use Spectra. A hundred slides fit on one cd-rom, and
you get 5 resolutions, from an 8 Kb thumbnail up to about a 6 Mb file.
That's very manageable on a home computer, even an old one. The image
has more detail than you would see from ten feet away on a projected
image on a ten foot screen.

It may not be the best possible scan, but it costs $2 a slide or less.
Why not try it and see if it works for you. There's a big difference
between $200 and $3,000 for scanning a hundred slides.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com