Stanley Book Drill

Hello
I was wondering if anyone has used the Stanley hand drill -it has an
adjustable chuck which accommodates bits from 1/16"-1/4"-
If so, would you recommend? For this particular project, I'm using
screw posts to bind and am looking for the best way to punch holes through lots
of pages ( and board).
Thanks!
-Lisa