Re: The 3rd International Artist's Book Triennial Vilnius 2003

Jules, likewise my late father-in-law!
  The location of this conference warms my heart because Vilnius, known also
as Vilna, was in pre-WWII a great center of vibrant intellectuality and
artistry, books galore, and even produced fine photography!  After the
destruction and during Communist times, it became a sad poor and grey place.
I guess the spirit of the booklovers is still there.......  Best, Olivia
  Olivia Hibel.
  Benzion Hibel Graphic Arts & Books, Pittsburgh PA