Japanese punch drill

I am having trouble with my punch drill- It jams on the way up, and I have
tried oiling and cleaning to no avail.
I am also curious to know if the tips can be sharpened or if they have to
be replaced when they get dull. One has a small nick on the edge from a
student using it on bookboard.
Cheers!
Tara

Tara Bryan