Re: Japanese punch drill

I too gave up on my Japanese punch quite soon after purchasing it for over
$50. I had the same problems--jamed all the time when moving up and down (not
the hole jammed with the paper cut out--that can be cleaned out) and finally
refused to move at all. A student in my class had hers jam too so that it no
longer worked. I stuck mine in the drawer and started using drive
punches--the kind you hit with a hammer and can be purchased for less than $8
in leather and hardware stores.
Patty Grass