Re: Japanese punch drill

The Challenge Machinery Company makes a hand drill sharpener that is used for
the hollow drill bits of the machines.  I use it for the hand held punch tool
as well.  I gave up on the japanese paper drill long ago, but love the
design.  Look into a machine.  In L.A. we have a paper called the Horsetrader
that lists used printing equipment.  I picked mine up for a song as the
printer had upgraded from a litttle one head table-top to a floor model with
5 heads.  I have bits from 1/8 to 7/16 and even have been known to drill out
very thin pieces of leather for circle onlays (sandwiched between board..)