PVA-EVA adhesives

Ed:
When did PVAs begin to be known as EVAs? I thought that EVA stood for the
Ethylene Vinyl Acetate group of plastics which are normally solid at room
temperatures and are often used in glue guns. I know that there has been some
controversy about the "A" in PolyVinyl Acetate and PolyVinyl Alchohol.
Rupert