Re: Bookbind tool

Anastasia,

Olfa have in their range of cutters, two circle cutters (one for small,
and one for large circles).  They also have an oval cutter.

Once you have cut beneath a few layers of the board with the circle/oval
cutter, just peel away the required layers to achieve the depth you
need, taking into consideration the thickness of the covering material.

But Pat Baldwin's way of making a masonite template and forcing the
impression under weight is very good!  We shall try that next time!!

And just as an aside:-

Olfa has a good range of cutters.  They are engineeringly designed and
balanced. We recently purchased about a dozen different heavy duty
cutters from them, including a left handed cutter, (with the
accompanying left-hand bevelled blade), for use by our most versatile
ambidextrous binder!

Peter Krantz

Book Restorations.
Sydney,