Workshop offering

I'll be teaching a workshop in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge this
summer (July 29-Aug. 2) and wanted to pass along the info to the list, as we
are only allowing 12 students max.

The class is hosted by a new organization called 'CREATE in the Columbia
Gorge' and will be held at Skamania Lodge near Stevenson, Washington.

The first day students will be led in a tour of the amazing gorge landscape
and the treasures of Maryhill Museum of Art with its director, Colleen
Schafroth.

The second day we'll make paper, incorporating any interesting inclusions
we've picked up on the first day's short hike and explore basic sheet
formation, double couching, pulp 'painting', watermarks and a range of other
techniques.

The third day will include a 1/2 day introduction to letterpress printing
(just enough to send you scampering to find a proper, thorough letterpress
class with on-going instruction when you get home) and we'll begin our
handmade journal project. The class project is three books in one,
incorporating our freshly made paper, a printed page, and giving students
hands-on practice in several basic book structures.

You can visit the CREATE in the Columbia Gorge website at:
http://www.createworkshops.com

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon