Re: Heat and PVA

Peter,

Sometimes it is enough to just prick the bubble to allow the trapped air to
escape.  Then apply heat and smooth it down. This way, there's less chance
of excess PVA staining the material. If that doesn't work, use the syringe
to squirt a little adhesive in before smoothing it down.

Betty

***********
>*******************
>
>We have found that if an unadhesed bubble forms in the middle of a
>glued/pasted area, the best way to remedy the situation is to inject
>some paste with a needle and syringe, (not too much), and very carefully
>bone it down, and perhaps place it in the nipping press in order to even
>out any surface inconsistencies which may appear.  Sometimes, injecting
>a very small amount of water is sufficient to reactivate the paste or
>glue.
>
>Venture forth and obtain a stock of different sized needles and
>syringes, from a doctor friend or a medical/veterinary supplier, and
>keep them to hand.  Most useful in many aspects of restoration work.
>

>Peter Krantz

>Book Restorations.
>Sydney,
>Australia.