Re: Handmade Book Cloth

In a message dated 12/22/01 5:14:12 PM, rpatt@PEOPLEPC.COM writes:

<< 3) I use the book cloth backing method described in Japanese Bookbinding
   by Kojiro Ikegami. It is involved but it's also authentic so I'd like
   to stay with it. >>

But you are not following his directions --you are using PVA instead of
paste. Since you have changed the adhesive material anyway why not consider
using fusible web. I've always had great results using the fusible web from a
fabric store to bond the backing paper to the fabric.

Patricia Grass
Forest Grove, Oregon