Re: Backing Book Cloth

I don't think it matters, and have only really considered the backing
tissue to act as a barrier between the adhesive used to attach the cloth to
the boards/case and the actual cloth. As an adhesive I always use paste
(doesn't work well with synthetics). Drying is done under tension with the
edges being adhered to the bench, or on mylar (tissue side to film). When
dry, peel off.

In a nutshell though, I wouldn't waste good paper for lining new cloth...
In conservation it's a different matter though.

p.

>I would appreciate any suggestions for something in between 'heavy & cheap'
>and 'light & expensive.'
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bob Patterson
>Portland, OR