From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of William Minter
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 9:07 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: Help needed

In a message dated 12/23/01 8:54:28 AM, dupbooks@TIAC.NET writes:

<< I have received from a museum library a number of portfolios with pages
and
plates in fragile condition. I would like to preserve these by backing them.
What should I use and where can I find this material. >>

You might consider polyester film encapsulation. It will support/protect the
fragile paper and allow both sides to be seen. Backing with even the
thinnest
Japanese paper will obscure the image/text.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695
814-793-4020