Re: Backing Book Cloth

The cheapest and best backing paper I have found is the Practice Roll sold
by OAS (Oriental Art Supply).  I use their Practice Roll (Raw paper) P3,
18" x 600". $8.00, wide enough for most purposes. They also have sheets 27"
x54 for larger projects.

OAS/Ning Yeh Art Studio
21522 Surveyor Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92646

website: www.ningyeh.com

1-800-969-4471

e-mail: pas@ix.netcom.com

Betty
At 06:33 PM 12/26/01 EST, you wrote:

>When backing cloth I use Japanes paper from a tablet called Sumi-e  Painting
>Sketch Paper Pad. The sheets are 12" x 18" but there is also a tablet from
>these same people that is 18" 24" but it is hard to find. The paper is Kozo.
>A tablet of 48 sheets costs between $12 and $14. Our local art store in
>Portland sells it so you might try a local art supply store. I have also
>bought it from Yasutomo, 490 Eccles Ave., San Francisco, CA 94080-1901,
>phone:  800-262-6454; www.yasutomo.com.  It works fine for me.
>Patricia Grass

Betty Storz
Bookbinding, repair, restoration