Memorial Portfolio

Greetings (and a reminder) from the American Print Alliance,

We are asking every single member of our 20 printmakers' councils* and all
subscribers to our journal, Contemporary Impressions, to create a work of
art for the September 11 Memorial Portfolio. The Portfolio of about 5,000
artworks will be shown for the first time in September at Thomas Hospital in
Fairhope, Alabama, and then will travel throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Entry is free, works must be on or of paper, 10" x 8" (25 x 20 cm), due
February 15 (March 15 for journal subscribers). Read more and print the
submission form at www.PrintAlliance.org. If you are a printmaker,
papermaker or book artist and not currently in the Alliance, we invite you
to join us now and take part in this community project.

The Memorial Portfolio is designed to honor and celebrate the lives of those
lost in the terrorist attacks. Please, give a little of yourself, not just a
check for relief efforts (though local agencies that provide food and
shelter to those in need are very short of funds now and your donations to
them are vital). Creating a work of art will express your compassion to the
friends and families of the victims and demonstrate the life-affirming
values and power of the visual arts.

Best wishes for the holidays to you and your family, and for the world --
peace.
Carol Pulin, Director, American Print Alliance
* Baren Woodcut Forum, Boston Printmakers, Conseil quebecois de l'estampe,
Florida Printmakers, Honolulu Printmakers, International Association of Fine
Art Digital Printmakers, Los Angeles Printmaking Society, Manitoba
Printmakers Association, Maryland Printmakers, Mid America Print Council,
Monotype Guild of New England, New York Society of Etchers, Northwest Print
Council, Nova Scotia Printmakers Association, Pittsburgh Print Group, Print
Center, Printmakers Council of Prince Edward Island, Printmakers Council of
New Jersey, Society of American Graphic Artists, Southern Graphics Council *