Low-end cutters?

I recall a discussion on this list not too long ago about medium-to-high end
trimmers, such as the Kutrimmer. I'm trying to purchase a low end of the
medium end (ie., under $500), and am stuck between the Dahle  and the
Kutrimmer. Does anyone out there have experience with either of these in the
not-so-high end, or perhaps can recommend another one? I do cut some book
board, so that is a factor. In fact, I did purchase the Dahle 561 and had to
send it back because there were metal shavings on the blade the got caught
in the first cut and dented the blade. Now I'm thinking that model was not
big enough... The sales person at Officezone said that he has had far fewer
of the Kutrimmers come back as defective than with the Dahle, but I know
some Dahle users who are steadfastly loyal.

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588

Remember: Book arts will save the world!