Re: please help!

Libby,
You know, you don't *have* to use only linen thread. I often use perl cotton
or even embroidery floss. I wax it myself with some beeswax. You can get
beeswax or parafin at sewing places, like Joann's, and probably at Michael's
or other craft places. (I got my beeswax at the farmer's market last
summer.)

You can also get various kinds of heavy threads such as weavers use at
needlework or knitting shops. They sell by the ounce, say a dollar-something
an ounce. They are cotton, linen or other fibers or mixtures in many colors.
You can also by waxed linen thread at art stores which carry some bookmaking
supplies. They are packaged, and a few dollars. These are relatively
expensive to buying in bulk, though. Another option is bead stores. They
have many different threads or cords in different colors and weights, and
sell by the yard.
Good luck.

Nan Roberts
North Redwoods Book Arts Guild