Mechanical edge gilding of books

Dear Randy,
One more note on Harcourt's machine, the learning curve. When I received the
device it took me about 20 minutes fiddling with the thermostat to find just
the right transfer temperature setting for my foil. It took a further 20
minutes to get used to the feel of the device and then prep and gild my first
edge. I was not totally happy with the edge, a few minute dust spots which
are not correctable except by redoing the edge. My second edge (I rescraped
the first) took a further 5 minutes, and was flawless. Years and hundreds and
hundreds of edges later, no complaints. Best
James