Re: More on edge gilding of books, hand and machine

>Another possibility for you might be mechanical gilding. Harcourt Bindery in
>Boston sells a small electrically heated gilding machine which uses foil. I
>own one, it's great for work where cost is a real issue, and Swift in
>Hartford, Connecticut sells a real gold foil 'specially made for edge g
>ilding,

Randy or anyone else who's interested: I have for sale a whole roll
of real gold foil suitable for use with a heated gilding machine.
It's 3 inches wide by 50 metres I think, and almost unused. Real
gold isn't cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than books of leaf.

Email me off list if interested in buying.

Tim

Tim Sheppard                    tim@lilliput-p.win-uk.net
Lilliput Press   -   Publisher of fine books in miniature
England                         http://www.lilliput.co.uk
                      The Storytelling FAQ is hosted here