Re: Fine Cut Finishing Tools

Alivon's tools are far and away superior in every respect (stock design,
metal, cutting, finish, handling, etc.) to either Precision Fine Cut or P&S.
They are also much more expensive. If you are buying a tool to use your
entire working life and pass on to your kids, Alivon is the way to go. In my
work, however, economics don't always allow for the pleasure of Alivon's
tools. You might check with the Lehmann Bindery
http://www.ixpres.com/lehmannbindery
they used to carry the Alivon catalog (a thing of beauty in itself) and used
Alivon tools in excellent condition.
Fine Cut's and P&S's tools are the same, really, even to most patterns.
However, in my experience, P&S is a bit less expensive, friendlier, more
helpful, and much easier to do business with. I've bought stock items from
them and they've cut lot's of tools and dies to my drawings for me; I've
always been more than pleased with P&S's work. Best,
James