Re: bonding titanium to binder's board

In a message dated 1/28/02 11:01:19 AM, JTHANDBOOK@AOL.COM writes:

<< I wish to inlay some course edged 20 gauge titanium plates into a leather
over board binding, slightly countersinking the metal and leaving exposed the
titanium/leather meeting edges.  >>

There are some very good double-sided adhesive tapes made by 3M (as well as
others) that should work very well. The acrylic ones are probably the best
and are made to handle specific, as well as, general needs. I have used a few
for other purposes.
As to the substrate, maybe a different material should be considered instead
of binder board to avoid the possible problems associated with the board
expanding and contracting, and delaminating.
Good Luck
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695