Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 27 Jan 2002 to 28 Jan 2002 (#2002-27)

In answer to James Tapley's questions about adhering titanium to book covers, I
agree with Bill Minter about double sided tapes. Here is the procedure that
works for me. After applying the tape (I use 3M #415) to the back side of the
metal, remove the release paper and laminate the metal to a good quality paper
that has some weight to it - I usually use Arches text wove. Press the laminate
well. You now have an object that is metal on one side and paper on the other.
The piece then can be adhered to book board or leather or wood etc. with
adhesives that are familiar and more easily controllable than epoxies.

Good luck,
Don Glaister