Preparation of Armenian Bole

I have just bought a chunk of bole to use for:
a) in a powdered form for my gold cushion, and
b) to prepare as a paste for the layer underneath my gold for
when I write my icons.

For my gold cushion, I simply used my mortar & pestle to get
a fine powder which will be sprinkled onto the cushion when needed.

My question is - how do I prepare the powdered/crushed bole to
make a paste so I can use it as a ground for my gold?

Any favourite recipes or advice?

Thank you,
Mercedes
Toronto, ON