Re: Selling to Collections

Dear Kevin,
I have found that it pays to do my homework about collections in advance. Find
out which collections collect the type of books you make. You can do this by
noticing which collections have work by other artists you feel common ground
with, you can even look at other artists' resume's at exhbits, see what kind of
exhibits the collections do, on-line or physical, some collections prefer
certain media such as letterpress, some prefer to stay below a certain price
etc. and you can ask them on the phone. I try to find out as much as possible
before calling. Setting up an appointment in advance is a must. I usually have
a resume for them, most places focus on the work but a few places are swayed by
what other collections you are already in.
Good luck,
Emily