Re: Digital Domesday Book lasts 15 years not 1000

Duncan wrote:

> Digital Domesday Book lasts 15 years not 1000
>
> Robin McKie and Vanessa Thorpe
> Sunday March 3, 2002
> The Observer

> =46ULL STORY HERE ->>
> http://www.observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,661093,00.html
> --

Thank you for sharing this with us. I can justify my
to my job! When we had our slide collection digitized
almost 10 years ago, there was some suggestion that we
didn't need the actual slides any more. The CD's have
held up fine, but we still have the original slides, even
tho' they aren't exactly archival themselves.

There was rather an egregious error in the article, i.e.

"For millennia, men and women have used paper to create
everything from the Dead Sea Scrolls ..."

The authors seemed to be under the impression that the
Domesday book itself is also on paper.

Back to lurkdom ...

--

Susan Fatemi