editions

Alice,
If you represent to buyers that your broadside is in an edition of 200, then
ethically it should be 200.  In the fine art print world, it is acceptable
and even standard for the artist to print 10 percent over of the edition size
for their own use (to keep, or to sell, or to show). These are labeled as
artist proofs and numbered 1/20, 2/20 and so on. So you could have an extra
20. You should destroy the rest. Ouch that hurts doesn't it.

What if you destroyed them in a manner that created an entirely new piece of
art out of them?

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,