Printers, etc.

I'm looking for advice on purchasing an ink jet printer. I understand that
for longevity of inks, the Epson is the way to go (with their new generation
of printers, such as the C80 and the 2000). However, others have said that
if you are going to put odd types of paper, cloth or other media through the
printers, that HP is superior. I can't find any information on how long the
HP inks last, or if archival inks are available for other than Epson models.
I'm interested in having it all, of course: speed, good quality, large paper
size and long lasting prints. Any suggestions from other ink jet users out
there? I have a G4, if that matters.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH