Re: Crayon removal

Thank you for discussing the topic of removal of crayon marks from paper.
It's got me thinking of something I encounter frequently in my work for the
university library, and I wonder if anyone here would have any advice.  How
would one go about removing (or making less obvious) markings from a
highlighter?  I remember a thing called a "clear blender" which was a
colorless marker used for softening marker color gradations in artwork.  I
think it only contained acetone.  Has anyone attempted to remove highlighter
marks from a book using this method?  if not, is there any other way?

Thanks for any help!
~Robin