Re: Spam

My ISP subscribes to Postini , a program that filters viruses, spam or
other objectionable mail. You set the criteria for unwanted mail. Postini
holds it for you to either okay it or delete it before it gets to your
in-box. Curiously, the particular scam aol message, which I have also
received although I don't have aol, gets by Postini. Has anyone opened it?
If so, is it just repeated symbols, gibberish?

I don't get very much spam, possibly because I live in a sparcely populated
area.  Go to: postini.com to learn about the program. I don't know how much
it costs to subscribe as an individual.

Betty

>I have also gotten some spam and LOTS of junk mail. About 20 every day,
>credit card, work at home, pornographic, etc. For a while, I forwarded them
>back to aol, yahoo, or "postmaster" wherever they came from and they actually
>began to taper off. Unfortunately, they have come back again, worse than
>ever. So I see that they cannot be gotten rid of, at least not the way I was
>going
>
>I have learned that you should never click on the "Remove" because that is
>what they are hoping for. It tells them that there is a person answering and
>that they whould go on sending!
>
>Are there any others out there who are having this problem with aol?
>
>Jane Conneen
>Lfarmpress@aol.com

Betty Storz
Bookbinding, repair, restoration