Re: workshop ideas

Hi Kevin:

I teach book repair and children's book repair to librarians and library students.  You can do a simple workshop for the participants. I will admit, two hours does not seem like very much time but it can be done if you have 2 two hour sessions back to back.

You can teach tipping pages, spine replacement and even repairing split spines. That would require removal of the text block from the text case. The key thing is having the materials in advance including samples of damaged books.

It takes a bit of preparation, but it could be done. My workshops usually take all day, but I did do one that was three hours long.

Anastasia Weigle
Adjunct Faculty
University of Maine in Augusta
Library and Information Technology
LIB312 Preservation and Archiving of Library Materials