Disappearing

Hello again,

   Many thanks to Paul, Dave and James and everyone else
for chewing over the inkstain removal problem---as it turns out,
there was a simple solution! I was trying to dissolve the wrong
thing---the ink's binder (probably gum arabic) was the target, not the
pigment---and water worked perfectly! The procedure was to use
deionized water with a tenside, wick up with Fullers' earth,
then pH stabilization...No trace of the ink (yet, anyway---ghosts
are possible). Light pressure minimized distortion.
I'm so glad I didn't need some costly polysyllabic  nerve poison
available only in 55 gallon drums---
    Thanks again to all!

Bill Cotter
Milou Bookbinding & Conservation