Re: Book Club Subscriptions

Kevin:

If you can keep up with the promise of a book in a certain time-frame,
lotsa luck. I have what I call Permanent Standing Order customers. I give
them a certain % discount for getting a new book first with the lowest
numbers. These people came from my regular customers who bought most
everything I produced, and I sent them an invitation to become a PSO
member. Some came from institutions who wanted everything my press published.

I publish editions of 60, more or less, whenever I want. About 3 to 5 a
year usually. I send the first 24 to my PSO clients, and the production
costs are well taken care of. Then I send out about 300 flyers with full
information and pictures to my complete mailing list - the A list is
comprised of all the people who have bought something in the past. The B
list is the people I think SHOULD have bought from me. The C list are just
possibilities, but good ones. Then I do promotion and marketing for the
complete online catalog of all my books. This takes quite a lot of time,
but I sell about 40% of my books from Internet connections, and I do
promo/marketing for a number of other companies, so I know all the ins and
outs of that business.

BTW, I stil have summer space for another apprentice in my studio. Access
http://www.mindspring.com/~patbooks/appren.html
to learn about my Apprenticeship Program

Pat Baldwin