commercial printing and Book Arts

I've heard a lot about inkjet printing via this list. Naturally,
letterpress along with the partner etchings and lithographs is used as
well for the production of Book Arts projects. Does anyone out there
have any experience having their projects printed by a commercial offset
printer/publisher? I know it's quite a bit more expensive (among other
things) to go this route, but am curious if anyone has any stories about
this method of getting a project on paper.

Also, related to this, are there any publishers that consider
submissions of unpublished "book-artsy" works? I'm aware of Book Works
in London which works primarily with commissioned, established artists.
Also, I'm aware of Granary Books which has a similar policy. Any others
you all are aware of?

Thanks in advance,
Cal Smith