Re: Self-publishing for Laurie...

Through our work at KotaPress, I've learned to seek out as many printers and
binders as possible and then ask lots of questions.  And ask for samples of
books they've done in the past.  Ask for a quote about your specific
project.

You might try books from the library or bookstore like "The Woman's Guide to
Self Publishing" from IRIE -- good info in there regardless of gender.  Or
take a self publishing class in your area and see what they are doing
locally.  We do an online self publishing class thru KotaPress that would
give you more details about questions to ask and what to expect from local
compared to big gun printers/manufactures.

And mostly, we learned from making mistakes :)
Hope something of that is helpful...
k-

Kara L.C. Jones, Dakota's Mommy
Editor-In-Chief, KotaPress.com