Binding Magazines

I have a project where I need to bind a number of years' worth of magazines.
These are small format (5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches) and tend to run about 64 pages
each. Can I just treat each magazine as a signature in a book and bind them
that way? Is there anything special I should know about binding them? I
can't find any information in any of the reference books that I have.

Thanks,
Larry