Re: Binding Magazines

I think there is a type of binding that Journalists/Writers use to 'bind' the
issues of a paper/magazine in which they've had articles published.  I think it
called a 'string book'.  I'm not certain of this information - and if anyone
knows for sure - please share!!
But from what I've heard a 'string book' is essentially a board binder (rather
like a 3-ring notebook) that has a series of 'strings' looped thru the top and
bottom of the 'spine' of the binder (strings just taller than the
magazine/newspaper)  and the magazines/newspapers are threaded thru one issue
per string at a time.  Usually the string falls in the 'center' of the
magazine/newspaper and holds it in the binder without actually penetrating the
magazine/newspaper.

Does that make any sense?  Does anyone else have more information??
Thanks,
Sue Clancy
http://www.telepath.com/artist
artist@telepath.com