Re: Binding Magazines

> I have a project where I need to bind a number of years' worth of
magazines.
> These are small format (5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches) and tend to run about 64
pages
> each. Can I just treat each magazine as a signature in a book and bind
them
> that way? Is there anything special I should know about binding them? I
> can't find any information in any of the reference books that I have.

I have 14 issues of "Paper Crafters" which is in magazine format ranging
from 8 pages for the first issue to 40 pages for the last issue.  I removed
the staples from the center of each and treated each issue as an individual
signature.  I then sewed them on tapes using a sewing frame.  The nice
result is that each and every page opens totally flat.  Another thing I did
was to take the tapes to the outside of the binding and loosely knoted them
off along the spine.  This allows for the removal of the covers and spine to
add another signature and then replace the covers.

d. guffey