Re: PVA glue

We use a combination of glues in our rebinding.

PVA is used to attach new leather to boards, endsheets to covers etc...

Hide Glue is used for anything dealing directly with the text block.

I have been tempted to use PVA throughout, but then I remember the words
that come to my mind every time someone brings a book in for repair that
doesn't use a "reversible" glue on the text block. Just the thought of
rebinding a book that used PVA on the spine is enough to keep me using
hide glue :-)

Randy