"email source"

As this is most likely of some interest to a wider audience, I'll respond
on-list.

If you look in the header:

>Date:         Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:05:15 -0800
>Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at
>http://www.philobiblon.com"              <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>From: lehmann1 <lehmann@lehmannbindery.com>
>Subject:      Re: grey stamping foil
>To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

You will see that the "sender of the message" appears as "Book_Arts-L: READ
THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>." The
critical part here is within the < >, i.e. the Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu.

I use Eudora, and this will depend on your software, and what I've done is
set up a "filter" which looks for the "sender" or "to" and sticks it into
it's own Book_Arts-L mailbox in Eudora. Unfortunately there is nothing I
could find in the listserv manual about having the list name appear in the
subject.

I hope this helps.

p.

>I'm finally getting back to you.  As we discussed in Alexandria, the one list
>I subscribe to is one of yours.  I'm including your latest posting on it.  Is
>there any way that when I get emails from it they can be designated from the
>list - either from the subject or who sent it?  For me it is important, since
>I can't tell if the inquire is general or specifically sent to Lehmann
>Bindery.  I would appreciate any help you can give.

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>