Bindery business and equipment for sale

 Dear Book Arts List,
I have posted a number of times to this list that my bindery business =
and equipment are for sale. When it appeared earlier this year that the =
business was sold, along with most of the equipment, I listed the few =
pieces remaining.
That expected sale did not happen. As a result, I am again offering for =
sale my small mail-order business of fine hand-bound journals, =
notebooks, portfolios and boxes. I have been in operation for over 10 =
years. I sell directly to individuals across the United States from my =
catalog and web site. I work alone, but have had employees in the past.=20
I want to pass this endeavor on to a person or group that would take =
enjoyment producing high-quality bindings for a wonderful group of =
customers.

Initially, I acquired customers through small black and white space =
advertising (offering a free catalog) primarily in the New York Times =
Book Review, The New York Review of Books, The New Yorker and the =
Atlantic magazines. My only advertising of late has been word-of-mouth =
and the web site.=20

My customers are comprised of business people, professionals, artists, =
writers, journalers, teachers, etc. My name file totals about 15,000 =
names with about 2,500 customers, of which about 350 have purchased in =
the last 5 years. Eighty percent of customers order 2 or more times. All =
names and order history are computerized.

I produce my own catalog and print journal papers using desktop =
publishing software and a deskjet printer.

My studio equipment for sale (independently, first choice to business =
buyer) includes:

Chandler & Price 30" guillotine paper cutter $2,000

Seybold 35" board shear $2,000

Hickock 20x28 platen standing press w/ 14 brass edge press boards $1,000

Kwikprint Model 55 hot-stamping press $600

Letang Fils stereotype press used as nipping press $300

Challenge paper drill machine $500

Latham cornering machine $350

Pictures of the equipment can be seen at =
www.home.earthlink.net/~hughstump/equipment.html

If you have an interest, I would be glad to hear from you.

Thank you,

Hugh

-------

HUGH STUMP bookbinder 1074 MONROE ST, EUGENE, OR 97402. 541.342.7439 =
www.hughstump.com