[BKARTS] Martin Cruz Smith's Havana Bay

Last weekend I found an unusual "First Edition" of Smith's Havana Bay on the
remainder shelf at Books a Million in Birmingham, Alabama.

---. Havana Bay: A Novel. New York: Random House, 1999.  First edition, so
stated, but there are three number lines: 98765432, 24689753, and 23456789. [I
don't remember ever seeing three number lines before.]  D.j. is not
embossed and
no price is present as in other First Edition d.j.s. Binding at the spine is
lighter than other exemplars of the first edition.

I'm wondering what I have here.  Any suggestions? Could it be a book club
edition?

Thanks.

Bill Godshalk
*    W. L. Godshalk                                                          *
*    Professor, Department of English              *
*    University of Cincinnati                                             *
*    Cincinnati OH 45221-0069                   *   Stellar Disorder
*    godshawl@email.uc.edu                                *
*
          *