Re: [BKARTS] how to glue labels

Get a glass plate and some sodium salicate.

Spread a thin film of the sodiun silicate on the glass.

Drp the label gace up on the sodiun silicate get it wet to the edges.

Lift the label and position it in the book.

Let the label dry 24 hours without putting anything against it.

The label will be quite permanent.

SMK
--- Ballantrae <ballantrae@GLOBALSERVE.NET> wrote:

> De-lurking to ask a question.
>
> Is there a trick to pasting labels onto the front of cloth-bound
> books?
>
> I need the glue to go right to the edge of the label so that the
> whole surface
> sticks, but when I press down on it, a small amount of excess paste
> creeps out
> and sits on the cloth.
>
> Perhaps there is a trick to wiping away this excess - so far, I've
> only
> succeeded in making a mess.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> John Ballantrae