[BKARTS] Seeking book repair advice

Hi there-

I ran into a big snaffoo while making a photo album and hoping there is a
solution out there.  After completing it, I discovered it wouldnıt lay flat
when I opened it. Iım pretty sure the problem is that the spine of the
case/cover is wider then the spine of the text block.

Since I pasted one page of the end paper on both the front and back cover
and behind that is an internal hinge with the ends of the tapes pasted on
them, I have no idea how to take it apart without ruining the whole thing.
My only guess is that perhaps I could ³cut out² the end papers and internal
hinge, taking at least a layer of the book board with it, undo the cloth
(which is just on the spine and overlaps the front and back cover about 2²
on each side), cut down the spine board and put new cloth on and then
hopefully paste back in the text block.

I want to make sure I fix this correctly, and Iım hoping thereıs a way to
fix this without starting over.

Help!!
Any help with this mess is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance-
Tasmyn

--

Tasmyn Scarl Front