Re: [BKARTS] Handwriting

I've scanned my handwriting at 100%, anywhere from 150-300 dpi (depending on how large you want the writing to be reproduced and how it will finally be printed) into Photoshop or other image-editting software. Scan as grayscale. You'll probably want the writing to be in black pen of some
sort -- my scanner does not see pencil too well, for instance.

In Phototshop, I then use the Threshhold feature (I believe under the image:adjust menu) to clean up the resulting grayscale scan -- threshhold removes intermediate grays, leaving you with only black or white pixels. In the preview, you can adjust the setting until the handwriting appears
the way you like.

With the grayscale pixel-ized version of the handwriting, you can then "colorize" it however you like -- the duotone setting in Photoshop is handy, using one color, of course. Also, Quark allows you to assign any color to imported, grayscale TIFF images.

I've printed this type of thing out on my Epson inkjet and have gotten great results.

Hope that helps.
Cal Smith