Re: [BKARTS] BOOK EXPLROATIONS kudo

I, too, had a book in this exhibit (1st place:
Excellence in the Printed Book). It was a dual vision
version (say <that> 10 times fast) of "The Dot and The
Line" by Norton Juster. Dual vision means it is
readable by both sighted and Braille readers. My
illustrations were also raised. I sent it to this
exhibition particularly because the books were allowed
to be handled, which is exactly what this book is
meant to be. I requested that gloves <not> be worn
when handling this book so everyone could completely
experience its tactile qualities.
   Kudos to the Yankee Barn for an exhibition that
allowed the handling of the book entries, and kudos to
those book artists brave enough to send their artwork.
Many of the difficulties of exhibiting books are
overcome by the handling option. I realize this
creates its own difficulties, but I, for one, am
excited that it is being done. I wish I could have
seen the exhibition, but other travel plans got in the
way. I have heard it was great.

Melodie Carr