[BKARTS] bookish quotes

Hello LetPressers & BookArtsers:

Red Wagon's in a bit of a quagmire. We've got the Fontaneda Society--a
gathering of folks who, it would seem, like books an awful lot--coming to
visit Red Wagon Bookworks on Thursday the 18th of April, and we figured
we'd print a nice letterpress broadside for them for the occasion. Nothing
fancy, just a quick, humorous little quote or verse about books, reading,
writers... something along those lines, with a nice linoleum cut. Problem
is, we've been searching through books for days and nights now, and still
don't have a quote we really like. (Although I am rather fond of the
Groucho Marx quote about reading inside of a dog, but it's been used an
awful lot, hasn't it?) Meanwhile, the clock is ticking away the hours.

So, I thought I'd put the question to you all. If you have a favorite quote
or short verse about books, or about printing, or perhaps about machines
(since their visit involves the presses, as well), or about reading or
writing, maybe you'd like to share it with a desperate printer? Probably
would be best to reply off-list: <mail@redwagonpress.com>. If we choose
your quote, we'll happily send you a few of the broadsides with our good
wishes, for your trouble.

Thank you kindly,
John

for John Cutrone & Seth Thompson, proprietors
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida
http://www.redwagonbookworks.com