Re: [BKARTS] bookish quotes

>   So, I thought I'd put the question to you all. If you have a favorite quote
>   or short verse about books, or about printing, or perhaps about machines
>   (since their visit involves the presses, as well), or about reading or
>   writing, maybe you'd like to share it with a desperate printer? Probably
>   would be best to reply off-list: <mail@redwagonpress.com>. If we choose
>   your quote, we'll happily send you a few of the broadsides with our good
>   wishes, for your trouble.

Lawrence J. Peter's book of quotations, whose title I can't remember, has quite
a few. Among the several I can remember:

This is not a book to be tossed aside lightly, but to be flung with great force.
--Dorothy Parker (IIRC)

That's not writing. That's typing.
--Truman Capote about Jack Kerouac

Then there is the description of the student in the Prologue to the Canterbury
Tales. He didn't have much because he spent his money on books. You'll have to
look it up!