Re: [BKARTS] bookish quotes

John Cutrone asked,
 If you have a favorite quote
or short verse about books, or about printing, or perhaps about machines
(since their visit involves the presses, as well), or about reading or
writing, maybe you'd like to share it with a desperate printer? Probably
would be best to reply off-list: <mail@redwagonpress.com>. If we choose
your quote, we'll happily send you a few of the broadsides with our good
wishes, for your trouble.

Here are some of my favorites:

A book is like a garden carried in a pocket.  (Chinese proverb)

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
cannot read them.  (Mark Twain)

When I am reading a book, whether wise or silly, it seems to be alive and
talking to me. (Jonathan Swift)

When I have a little money, I buy books.  and if any is left, I buy food and
clothing.  (Desiderius Erasmus)

Kate O'Halloran